I’m not the biggest cheesecake fan because I don’t like a lot of cream cheese plus I’m into raw foods right now. My sister made this amazing raw vegan version that is really good and doesn’t have that too cream cheese taste I don’t like. It does have a super creamy consistency and it’s full of protein and very little sugar that will satisfy your sweet tooth but be gentle on your guilt. The crust is made from dates and pecans while the cheesecake filling is made from the cashews. You’ll not want to go back to those sugar and fat filled old versions again.
- 2 cups pecan or macadamia nuts (we used pecans because they are a better price and tastes great)
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ½ cup pitted any dates
- ¼ cup dried coconut
- 6 Tbs. coconut oil, melted (gently warmed)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup raw agave nectar
- ½ sun-dried vanilla bean or 1tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
1. Place pecan or macadamia nuts in large bowl, and cover with cold water. Place cashews in separate bowl, and cover with cold water. Soak nuts 4 hours, then rinse, drain, and set aside.
2. Pulse pecans/ macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
3. Place cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, and 6 Tbs. water in bowl of food processor. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into food processor bowl, and purée until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 1 to 2 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and transfer to serving platter. Defrost in fridge 1 hour, or on countertop 30 minutes; top with berries; and serve.